Tuesday, May 11, 2010



"Faith is not believing in something you can't prove, as so many people define it. It is, biblically speaking, reliance. A rock-sold, truth-grounded, promise founded trust in the risen Jesus to save you from your sin."

- Greg Gilbert. What Is The Gospel? (Wheaton: Crossway, 2010), 74.

Short book. Well worth your time. Follow this one up with What Is a Healthy Church Member? by Thabiti Anyabwile.

Quick update. I finish up seminary in 2 weeks and Christine and I are headed back to Nashville to start serving. I'm going to start reading the books I got at Together for the Gospel as soon as I'm done with classes and I'm thinking I might provide some short summaries/reviews of them on here. Hopefully this will keep me disciplined in my reading.

Posted by Posted by Brian at 5:43 PM
Categories:

 

1 comments:

Amy said...

Brian! Saw Christine's facebook post about your blog...and now I have it bookmarked...so you better write often k? Congrats ahead of time for graduating!
Amy

Twitter

 
>